Friday, March 25, 2011

Ghana day 14

Today was our last full day in Ghana. Matt, Brennan, and I decided to take advantage of the day by breaking away from the rest of the group and exploring the city on our own. We were a bit lazy about it though. We started the day at around 9 a.m. with breakfast and then went for a swim in the pool.




After that we went to a shopping mall. It was very similar to an American mall, including the prices of the merchandise, but a bit smaller than a typical mall. We ate there for lunch and then headed off to the same market we went to yesterday.


While we were there Brian broke away from the group and joined us as well. We spent too much time there and by the time we left we had all spent pretty much all the money we brought with us to the market. We actually had to exchange some more money once we got back to the hotel so we could afford to go out for dinner later.


We went to a place called Paloma for dinner. Glen and Soren joined us.


It was a good trip, but I'm looking forward to going home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I kinda gave up checking your blog very often since you hadn't been writing much lately, but Bridget told me you had posted every day while in Ghana. I just finished reading all of them. It looks like you had a great time (other than being sick and some of the 'too far to travel to see that' days).
I assume you're home safely now and probably sleeping...I imagine the flight back was pretty tiring? Anyway, it sounds like a good experience and I'm glad you were able to go :-)

Tamara said...

Oops, I was logged in to my ward's email on that last post!! It's me, Tamara :-)

hapi said...

Hi Tymon, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog