Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ghana day 13

We began the day with a visit to a mining company whose name escapes me at the moment. Again, it was in a room where we all sat in uncomfortable chairs while somebody stood at the front of the room and spoke to PowerPoint slides. The content was fairly interesting, but the presentation was a bit dry. Not sure I got too much out of that one.

From there we came back to the hotel, had an early lunch, and set off again. This time we met with the former VP of Ghana.


That was very interesting. He had never been in politics before being invited to be the VP. He was independently successful through a construction company that he owned. He was very cordial and quite interesting. We were pretty privileged to get to meet him.

From his house we went to Cadbury.


The information he shared was pretty good, but I would have liked some kind of plant tour or something. We didn't get that, but they did give us a bag of candy and some energy drink mix, so it was still worth going.

From there we went to the main city market, where we had about 45 minutes or so to do some shopping. I got a bowl and a couple drums. I hope I can find space to bring all this stuff back.

When we got back to the hotel it was time for dinner, which we ate in the hotel restaurant. Later in the evening a few of us went out and met with some of the students that go to Ashesi University. I was hoping to get some contacts of people that can program because that seems to be a difficult skill to find at a good price. I did talk for awhile with one guy that was, but he just seemed very green. I did get his contact info though, so maybe I can use it at some point in the future.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Dang you look hot!