Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby Jocelyn


Jocelyn was born today at 6:16 p.m. after about three hours and 20 minutes of labor. She has ten fingers and ten toes, weighes 7 lbs. 12 oz., and is 21 3/4 inches long. I delivered her, with the guidance and extra hand of Bridget's midwife, in our bathroom. Her head was sideways and her hand was up by her ear so it was a pretty tight squeeze, but she finally came out. Bridget is doing well considering all she's been through. Neither of us have gotten a lot of sleep this last week so she was already starting off on a deficit, but she is sleeping now and will hopefully be able to recoup quickly. It is really weird having a new born baby in the house again, but I'm very excited to finally have a daughter.

18 comments:

Nathan said...

Congratulations Tymon and Bridget!

Jeff Hamm said...

Congrats you two! I hope all these transitions and ups and downs go well. Welcome little Jocelyn. Girls are fun too!

jeannie said...

Congratulations! Hope that you both can get some rest!

Mindy said...

Congratulations on your new addition! I love having a little girl and we'll be trying to figure out little boys soon.

Biddle Family said...

Congratulations. We hope all goes well with you guys this next little bit. I bet she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tymon and Bridget! All the best!

Paige said...

Yay! Congratulations! That must have been awesome to deliver your own baby. Home births rock!!

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! It was good of Bridget to keep her promise! I hope you guys can catch up on some sleep sometime soon. I know that is a tall order with a newborn but... here's hoping! Girls are completely different characters than boys. I am curious with all he big brothers, though, to see what she is like. I wish for you a girly girl!!

fromjosh2u said...

Congrats you guys!
Girls are WAAAY different!
Cant wait to meet her.

Karen said...

TYMON!!!!!!!
A brand new baby daughter---I am SO excited for you all.
Congrats and hugs to all and I also cannot wait to meet her!
Love
Karen

Camille English said...

Congratulations! You both are amazing. Girls are fun we should know!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! From what I can see, she's beautiful!

cherylsulzen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cherylsulzen said...

Hey you guys. Congratulations. Hug your wife and daughter for me.

Chelle said...

Congratulations! You guys are amazing - a bathroom delivery - wow! I'm sure that she is simply lovely.

Katie said...

Congratulations on your new little girl!

Gabe said...

Tymon and Bridget, congratulations on your new daughter, and again, I am very sorry about Evan. You two have been in our thoughts and prayers and Amber and I would love to see you soon. Our daughter (name yet to be determined) will have fun playing with Jocelyn. This is my first time on a blog, am I doing this right?

Gabe

Katie said...

Congratulations!