Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Alone

Since Bridget is out of town with Jett for a few days, I have gotten to stay home with Graeden, Elliott, and Evan. It has been really fun so far. Yesterday was my company's annual picnic. It started at 11 a.m. and we got there right on time. Apparently that isn't a very common thing to do because there were only two or three other families there at that time. It was ok though because we got to do all kinds of stuff as soon as we wanted, as opposed to waiting in lines like we would have had to do if we came later. Some of the things we did were; hay ride, paddle boats, big bouncy slide thing, bouncy house, eat hotdogs and hamburgers and corn and cotton candy and ice cream and watermelon, climb a climbing wall, have a clown make a plane and a sword for us, pet a baby goat, knock down pins with a ball for a yoyo, and probably a bunch of other stuff that I can't think of. Unfortunately Bridget took the camera with her so I didn't get any pics but I might be able to gleen some from Panasonic's web site when I get back to work.



In the evening I took Elliott and Evan over to Nana's house and Graeden and I went to a "Sleeping Beauty" play where my niece Breanna played a fairie and my other niece Arriah played a troll. It was neat to watch them perform...even Graeden liked it, though he did ask if we could go home about half way through the play.

As Graeden and I walked back to our car we ran into Bridget's brother Brett who was in the middle of making a movie for a 48 hour movie contest with some of his friends. Graeden really wanted to watch so we hung out for about an hour or so. Graeden ended up coloring on the street with chalk most of the time and I ended up holding a filter thing over one of the lights so that the shadows from the light were dampened. I've always wanted to work on the set of a movie so for me it was a great experience. Graeden even got to keep the chalk which he was very excited about.

No comments: