Thursday, June 25, 2015

Weather You Like It or Not

Seattle, this year, has had one of the nicest months of June, weather wise, that I remember ever having. The average temperature so far has been 77°F (25°C) which I consider to be about perfect. The lake/pond near our house was just warm enough for swimming and BBQ began to be a staple at meal time. Though I looked forward to coming to Sao Paulo, I really didn't want to leave the perfect weather behind, mostly because it is just so rare in Seattle.

Our first full day here the temperature was 74°F (23°C). Almost perfect. It was as if the plane we flew out on just circled around a few times and then landed back in the same place we left from. The humidity level didn't perceptibly change and the temperature was very similar.

In the week we've been here, my phone has been telling me the highs and lows here and in Seattle and they have been pretty similar. It's been a bit cooler here, but the lows are a bit higher here too.


Yesterday was one of the colder days. In fact, we met with an owner of a warehouse that we were looking at and he told us that it was about as cold as it ever gets around here. Good thing I had worn my jacket. I would have felt I wasted the luggage space if I hadn't worn it on one of the coldest days of the year. It even rained lightly early in the day, so I truly felt at home.



Though the weather is similar here (at least now while it's winter here and summer there), the people act as if we're in a Canadian blizzard. A couple days ago we went to the Federal Police Office to register ourselves as residents and there were people who had dressed their kids with winter coats, mittens, and beanies. The high that day was 77°F (25°C).

The thing that took me most off guard going from summer to winter turned out to be the shortened days, rather than the weather. We arrived here on one of the shortest days of the year. Tonight, after reading scriptures and praying with my kids at about 8 p.m. they all went off to bed without me saying a word to them. If we were back home, they would have been up at least another couple hours without question.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Yay! No wasted suit case space! Bwahahahaha. I'm glad it isn't too cold...or too hot.