Saturday, October 1, 2011

London Day 1

It's 3:41 a.m. here. Perfect time to write a blog post. The flight over was good. From Seattle to Washington D.C. me and the two people next to me spent most of the flight working on crossword puzzles together. It made for a quick flight. That and I was given a free upgrade to my seat and put in an aisle row because there was a couple trying to get seats next to each other. On the way from Washington D.C. to London I tried to sleep but probably only got in one hour or so.

I checked in to my hotel at 11 a.m. London time. Apparently by plane ticket was booked using my corporate credit card, which went against the limit of the account. That meant that when I tried to pay for the hotel room I wasn't able because it only has $300 left on it. I had to use my personal funds...so hopefully that gets taken care of soon.

Though tired I didn't want to sleep when I got in because I knew it would be too hard to get up. So I went out. I took a bus to a train station and then took the train (like a shuttle train) to Windsor. It is famous for the Windsor Castle which I toured. I took video but I think I forgot to bring the cable to connect my video camera to my PC so I'll have to post videos later. Inside the Royal Palace you're not allowed to take pictures so I didn't get much inside...but the entire thing was beautiful. I was especially impressed with Queen Mary's Dolls' House. The level of detail was amazing. All the history, and the armor, and Knight's seals, and paintings were very impressive as well.

I got home very tired. I ate a small dinner, read, and went to bed. I woke up at 3 a.m. I think I'll try to stay up until tonight to get on the right sleeping schedule.

Here are a couple pics from my travels.

This is a picture of some street signs. Bridget always wants me to take pics of street signs.

Here are some classic British phone booths.


1 comment:

Bridget said...

It's a good thing you get photos of signs for me. And luckily "give way" is in the same shape as the yield sign, otherwise I wouldn't know what it was saying.