Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ghana day 11

Today was an interesting day. We started out with a visit to the bank of Ghana.

Unfortunately, I got a seat near the back of the room and the speaker couldn't carry his voice past six feet so I didn't really hear anything. Fortunately, he had a meeting an hour after we got there so it was a short visit.

Our next stop was a visit to the Ghana stock exchange.


Again, I was a bit disappointed. I thought it would be similar to the NYSE and we would get to watch the trading floor for a bit. It ended up being more sitting in a room listening to people speaking. What they were talking about was interesting, but I would have liked a more tour-esk type visit.

For lunch we went to a place called, "Pizza Inn". Normally I don't like pizza in foreign countries, but this stuff was really good.



After lunch, Matt & I broke away from the rest of the group and took a taxi to the temple. Our driver asked a lot of questions about our church and we were able to get his contact information for the missionaries to visit him. Hope things work out well for him.

The temple ceremony was very nice. It was neat to see all of the African influence throughout the architecture. Matt and I brought the number of people in the endowment session up to six so it through pretty fast. We talked to some great people before leaving to go back to the hotel.

At the hotel we went for a swim and then out for dinner with the group.

No comments: